We are living in a world that has become a global village, but we have gone far away from our families. The 21st century has given us the technology and advancement. Everything has become quite easy, and it is not a dilemma to access the information anymore. But the new world has given us the depression as well. We are not blaming the technology for depression and stress, but the way we are spending our lives are somehow responsible for our loneliness. It is crucial to understand what the depression is and what are the Causes Of Depression.
What Is Depression?
Depression is a serious disorder in which one feels sad and down. People become unable to get over the depressive state. They become pessimistic and feel lonely. It is a serious medical condition in which people need the help of a psychiatrist. But do not think that it is madness or anything like that. The people who have depression are sick, and after getting proper treatment, they can spend a normal life like other people. So stop being ignorant and try to help the person who is suffering from depression.
Symptoms Of Depression:
Following are the symptoms of depression:
- Reduces in enjoyable activities
- Unintentional weight loss
- Depressed mood
- Loss of energy
- Feeling guilt
- Feeling worthless
- Inability to think or focus
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
- Psychomotor agitation
You should immediately consult the psychiatrist if you find any of the symptoms. It is crucial to treat the depression as it may ruin your life.
Causes Of Depression:
Though the Causes Of Depression is not so certain, you can say that the following factor may hold responsible for depression:
- Changes in the hormone
- Seasonal defective disorder
- Big changes in life
- Struggle in life
As we have stated above that, we cannot say with surety that what causes depression but the factors mentioned above can be the reason for your depression.
Following are some risk factors that can lead you towards depression so avoid them:
- Having low self-esteem can cause depression so always have confidence in yourself and give respect to yourself.
- Abusing drugs can cause you depression. Do not consume alcohol as it may affect your health adversely.
- If you take certain medicines without doctor’s prescription, then you may become a victim of depression. Taking sleeping pills is the cause of depression.
- Having blood relatives with depression may also be the cause of your depression.
- If you have other mental disorders life anxiety etc., then there are the more chances to get depression.
- Women are more diagnosed with depression than men.
- Having a serious chronic illness may also cause depression.
You should not take depression lightly as it may ruin your mental health. You should immediately consult an experienced psychiatrist to get rid of this phase. Just be positive and follow the doctor’s instructions.